HOW DO I USE RIA?
To easily transfer cash through Ria, you’ll need:
- A Ria account. You can create a free account as you’re setting up your transaction. (If you’re sending through a Ria location, you won’t need to set up an account. You’ll only need to supply your sender information, payment and your recipient’s information.)
- Valid payment. Ria accepts payment by bank account, debit card or credit card.
- Your recipient’s name and contact information. The name must match the name shown on their government-issued ID. If you’re transferring money to their account, you’ll also need their bank’s name and account number.
- Your contact and banking information. That includes the account or card number and security information for the account you’re transferring from.
If your recipient will be picking up your cash in person, let them know to bring along a government-issued photo ID.
Create your account online
First-time customers will need to register for a free Ria account before you start your transfer. To pay with cash, visit a Ria agent location.
- Specify how much you’d like to send and where you’d like to transfer your funds to.
- Select whether you’ll pay for your transfer by debit card, credit card or bank account.
- Confirm the transaction summary that details the exchange rate and fees that apply to your transfer.
- Enter your recipient’s full name, email address and phone number.
- Select how you’d like your money delivered: bank deposit, cash pickup or courier delivery (available in select countries).
- Transfer your funds around the world.
Steps to transfer your money online
Step 1. Click “Go to Site.” On Ria’s website, click “Register to Send Money.”
Step 2. Create a free online account.
Provide your email address, creating a password, choosing and answering three security questions and completing your name, address and other profile information. Your name and address should matche the information on your utility and credit card bills. Then click “Create My Account.”
Step 3. Input the details of your money transfer.
Choose the country you’re sending it to, the currency to be paid out, the dollar amount you’re transferring and how you want the money delivered (available delivery options will appear once you’ve entered your recipient’s country).
You can review your fee, delivery options and the exchange rate once you’ve entered the amount you’re sending.
Step 4. Enter your recipient’s full name and address. Click “Continue.”
Step 5. For cash pickups, select a location near your recipient. Click “Continue.”
To send money to your recipient’s bank account, enter part of the name to bring up a list of possible bank names. Once you identify the bank, fill in the blanks for the account type and IBAN Number.
Step 6. Select a payment method.
Step 7. If paying by credit or debit card, enter your card information and billing address.
Ria will warn you that using a credit card will not only cost more but can also trigger cash advance charges from your credit card institution. Enter a promo code if you have one, and then click “Continue.”
Step 8. Check that the information is correct on the Pre-Order Confirmation.
Click “Edit” to change anything. When your details are in order, click “Submit.”
Step 9. You’ll see a confirmation screen with your order number, which you can use to track your transfer.
If you’re sending the money to a pickup location, you’ll also see a PIN you’ll need to send to your recipient so they can pick up the funds. Click “Track Transfers” to follow the progress of the money transfer.
Step 10. Track the progress of your transfer by entering your order number, PIN or reference number in the box.
You’ll see your order status along with details about the transaction.
Tracking your transfer
Your recipient should have their money in a matter of minutes or days, depending on how you chose to send it and pay for it. Follow its progress at Ria’s Track a Transfer page.